View Other Details
Round trip flights, airport transfers and 2-night stopover in London included for students on the optional AIFS Abroad Flight Package.
Spend a J-Term, summer, semester or academic year in Barcelona, Spain with AIFS Abroad. You’ll earn up to 15 credits per semester while studying at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Courses are taught in English or Spanish with no previous Spanish language study required.
Volunteer opportunities are available through local NGOs to provide services to people in need within the local community.
Live in a Spanish homestay or, for an additional fee, in a student residence or apartment. Homestay students receive daily breakfast and dinner from the family. Apartment and student residence students will receive a meal allowance.
Cultural and social activities include:
• Guided tours
• Cooking classes
• Flamenco performances
• Tapas evenings with Spanish students
• 3-day excursion to the Pyrenees
• Day trips to Girona and Besalú, Figueras and the Salvador Dalí Museum and Montserrat and Sitges.
- 3-day excursion to the Pyrenees
- Day trips to Gerona and Besalú, Figueras and the Salvador Dalí Museum and Montserrat and Sitges
- Earn up to 15 credits and transcript issued by the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB)
- No previous Spanish language study required
- Volunteer opportunities available
Spend your summer or Maymester in Barcelona with AIFS Abroad! You’ll earn up to 10 credits through a Maymester, Intensive Spanish Language or Spanish Language and Culture Program at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Courses are taught in English or Spanish. No previous Spanish language study required.
Earn 3-semester credits studying abroad during your January break in Barcelona, Spain with AIFS Abroad! Study International Business or Spanish Art and Cultural Heritage at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, both taught in English.
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants & Financial Support
We believe a study abroad experience is an essential component of well-rounded university education and we are committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad. AIFS also offers internship and study abroad + internship blended programs to support the development of personal and professional skills.